The original business was formed in September 2006 in response to the business community’s call for more competition in the insurance broking market and we became Insurance Holdings Pacific in 2015 to align with the regional nature of our services. Where the market was previously dominated by two international brands and complacency became the norm, Insurance Holdings Pacific injected a new level of competition, transparency and professionalism which helped to lower the cost of insurance for clients with good risk histories.
The business was originally formed as a joint venture between Reddys Enterprises Limited in Fiji and the New Zealand insurance broking group, Insurance Holdings Limited. The partners’ resolve was to bring new competitive tension to the market and openness and transparency to the way insurance is placed.
Today those strong links between Fiji and New Zealand remain but with a new thread to the international resource that is Willis. In September 2012 the Company was appointed as the Fijian member of the Willis Global Network.
Growing from two employees in 2006 to the 24 staff, two branch operation that now exists in both Nadi and Suva, the business has proven to be Fiji’s fastest growing insurance broker.
Insurance Holdings Pacific does not take its client relationships for granted – each year we strive to do our very best for our clients. The Company’s commitment to its clients is reflected in the adoption of the Willis Client Advocacy Model where:
• We commit to understanding our client’s needs and developing recommendations that are in the best interests of the client
• We describe our service to you and how we are remunerated for that in plain and simple language
• We strive to ensure clear, complete and candid communication with our clients
• We welcome all feedback from clients
• We ensure staff are aware of the importance of their duty of care and full disclosure to clients
• We prohibit the acceptance of gifts by staff from insurers where such gifts could create the appearance of a conflict of interest with our clients
• We do not accept contingency compensation from insurers
• We strive to conduct our business in accordance with international best practice
• We provide our clients with a Global Reach for their Local Risk Needs